Recipes don’t have to be complicated. These five meals use only ten ingredients or less, yet taste delicious. Helping you spend less time in the kitchen and the grocery store, and more time doing what brings you joy. Try them today!
5-Ingredient Taco Casserole
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury crescent roll dough (I like to use the Crescent Dough Sheet, which doesn’t have any perforations)
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- ¾ cup salsa
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: sliced olives, sliced jalapeño, chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced avocado or guacamole, sour cream, cilantro, diced red onion or sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and gently press into the bottom of the prepared dish to form a crust. Set aside.
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain and return to skillet. Stir in taco seasoning mix and 2/3 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 3-4 minutes (stirring often), until thickened. Stir in salsa.
- Spoon beef mixture over the crescent roll dough. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Cut into squares, garnish with optional toppings, and serve.
Mississippi Pot Roast
- 1 (3-pound) chuck roast
- 1/2 (12-oz) jar pepperoncini
- 1/2 (12-oz) jar pepperoncini juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (1-oz) packet au jus gravy mix
- 1 (0.4-oz) package buttermilk ranch dressing mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a slow cooker, combine the chuck roast, pepperoncini, pepperoncini juice, butter, au jus gravy mix, buttermilk ranch dressing, salt, and pepper.
- Cook on LOW until the roast is fork-tender, about 8 hours.
- Pull the chuck apart with two forks. Enjoy!
- To keep the pot roast warm, cover it with aluminum foil.
Spinach Parmesan Pasta
- 8 oz spaghetti or pasta of your choice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup of the pasta water. Set pasta aside.
- Using the same pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in the pasta and spinach. Gently toss and cook until spinach leaves are wilted. If the pasta starts to dry out, add in some of the reserved pasta water. We usually add about ⅓ cup. Stir in ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese and toss until combined. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Pour pasta into a large bowl. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- 2 (6 oz.) package Uncle Ben’s long grain wild rice
- 1 (10.25 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.25 oz.) can cream of celery soup
- 1 1/2 cans water (use empty soup can)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine rice, soups, and water in baking dish and mix together until combined.
- Place chicken on top of rice and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and seal tightly.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until rice has absorbed all liquid.
- No peeking! Keep the dish covered while baking. I know it’s tempting but I promise it’s worth it.
- Serve and enjoy!
Bisquick Sausage Balls
- 1 pound sharp Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 tablespoon freezer-dried chives (optional)
- 1/4 cup milk (add if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground sausage, Bisquick mix, and shredded cheese.
- Shape the mixture into 24 golf ball-sized balls. Place the balls on baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dip on the side!
So, keep your next grocery list simple. Try these five, ten-and-under-ingredients recipes this week.
If you need more recipe ideas, just sign up for our email! We send weekly nurse-friendly meals straight to your inbox. Click Here.And visit our website www.ethosmedicalstaffing.com for more helpful resources!